Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hello!

Hi everybody, this is Spencer. I haven't left on my mission yet, but I am so excited and I can't wait to get out into the field and start serving my Heavenly Father. I fly out on November 22 and I report to the MTC in Brazil on the 23rd! Right before Thanksgiving!

I guess that the visa application process takes a long time, especially when missionaries are being sent to Brazil. So that's why I don't leave for like four months. Oh well, the time just gives me more opportunity to prepare myself! I am right now finishing up reading the Book of Mormon, which is truly an amazing book. It is a great blessing to have on this earth and a great example of the restored Gospel. My testimony of the Book of Mormon grows with each day that I read it. I am also trying to learn some Portuguese before I leave in November! I think knowing some basic phrases would be very helpful. But hopefully the fact that I am going straight to Brazil will make learning the language a bit easier for me.

I don't know how long I will be at the MTC for - I won't learn my departure date until the first week that I am there - but hopefully not too long, so I can get to Goiania and start teaching the people of Brazil!

Anyway, I set up this blog so that my family, friends, and everyone I love can be informed about what's happening with me on while I'm on my mission. My sister, Paige, and my mom will be running this blog and they will be posting emails from me and stories and stuff! So please, read it :)

Also, write me letters and send me pictures!! It's always hard for a missionary to leave his home, his family, his friends, and everything he knows and loves. So keep in touch and send me letters!! It would make me very happy :) My mailing addresses for both the MTC and the mission office are on the right side of the blog. Also, I included my email address!

"Obrigado e eu amo todos vocês!"

- Elder Spencer Eastwood

No comments:

Post a Comment