Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 27th 2013


Hello family and friends!

This week was great. We had a record number of investigators at church on Sunday: 10! We were so excited. We found this awesome family of FIVE who are looking for a church and some spiritual help. We taught them and they were like, "Yeah, we would love to go to church with you!" So we brought them to church and introduced them to the bishop and all the members of the ward.

There are so many people in this ward that are so excited to help us! The youth of this ward are awesome, always ready and willing to help. For example, last night, we visited with this family and marked a baptismal date with them for the 13th of April. They accepted it and got really excited! So, we called a bunch of members afterwards to tell them the good news and to invite them to help us teach this family. One young woman got really excited and said, "Elders, call me when you are going to go teach them! I really want to help you!"

I am grateful that I get to serve in this wonderful ward, and I hope I can stay in this area a little longer. I will be sad when I leave and I will miss everybody very much. People are so nice to the missionaries here. I have made some of my best friends here in this ward! I hope I never lose contact with them and that I can come back and visit them here in Goiânia after my mission.

 It makes me really humbled to be able to be serving in this work. The ward is so great here....and everyone makes fun of me because of all the weight I lost (so now, all my clothes are way too big and I look like an 80's bell-bottom dancer).

Anyway, I am excited for this week. Easter is on Sunday and then next weekend is General Conference (my second to last one, by the way). I love my mission and the things that I am learning!

Love you too! See you next week. And know that you are all in my prayers :)

-Elder Spencer D. Eastwood

1 comment:

  1. Muito bom trabalhar ao lado destes élderes !!!
    Grande privilégio, tenho aprendido muito a cada dia, ao olhar para trás desde o primeiro dia que tenho trabalhado com eles nem acredito que consegui me tornar o que sou hoje.

    Obrigado pelo seu exemplo.

    - Odreí Costa - LMA Ala Goiânia.

    ReplyDelete