Monday, July 8, 2013

July 7th 2013



Hello my family and friends!
 
This week was an exciting one. President Kuceki arrived on the mission, although I still have not had the chance to meet him. He is coming to Rio Verde this weekend and we will get to meet him then. I am very excited! I already feel a great love and respect for him, because I know that he was called by a prophet of God to serve here. I can't wait to work with him!
 
This week was a week full of hard work. We found so many new families to teach this week. Something I learned was this: The Lord is accelerating His work in His own time, and because of the changes that are happening, I need to accelerate the way I work and change the way I do things. We are starting many new programs to work with the members in the branch here. I realized for the first time this week that we as missionaries, are the life-blood of this branch. If we stop working hard, if we stop being excited, the work is going to stop here. We are trying our best to follow the promptings of the Spirit and to accelerate our work. I feel so blessed to be here at this time. i can't wait to see what changes happen in the future!
 
It is funny how sometimes we get so caught up in trying to help others that we forget to apply our own advice in our lives! These past few weeks have been very difficult for me, but last week one of my friends gave me the same advice I give everyone: "Smile! :)" How true it is - when we smile, we can literally feel better, we can feel like we are making a difference - when we are keeping the commandments and doing what is right, we are blessed in all things. That is why one of my favorite scriptures is in Mosiah 2:41. I studied my patriarchal blessing this week and found lots of new insights....the Lord blessed me that I would have lots of trials and challenges, but that through these, He would help me to become a better Priesthood holder and a better person. How grateful I am for the trials and adversity that we all have. They shape us into who we are supposed to be.
 
I love my mission and I love this church! I know that it is true. The peace that I feel when I am doing what is right is peace that comes right from our Savior, Jesus Christ. How I love my Savior Jesus Christ. It is my prayer that we can always strive to follow His perfect example, and grow closer to Him each and every day.
 



Love,
Elder Spencer D. Eastwood

No comments:

Post a Comment