Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 4th 2012






Hello everyone!!!

This week was a great week...really busy and it flew by. Three nights
in a row, we literally had to run to our house to get inside by 9:30!

We also had three baptisms this week. One, an 18 year old guy named
Hugo, and two 10 year old kids named Agda and Felipe. They were
baptized by their grandpa who, along with his wife is the only member
of his family that has joined the church. He was baptized over 30
years ago and he paid out of his own pocket to buy the land to build
the chapel here for the ward!

After their baptism, I had one of the sweetest moments of my mission.
Both of the kids ran right up to me and gave me a big hug. I will
never forget that! Their grandpa, the next day at the testimony
meeting said that he was so grateful for the missionaries and that
"The elders in our ward are angels that God has sent to us to bless
our lives." How awesome!

We are still working hard opening a new area and we have to ride the
bus A LOT and it is killing us money-wise. But it is all good. I am
doing really well now...my leg is completely healed and I am really
happy. The time is starting to fly by too!

I love you all!

-Elder Spencer D. Eastwood
Alma 34:40-41

No comments:

Post a Comment