Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10th 2013



Hey everyone! This week was pretty good! We closed the week with four baptisms. One of them was a total miracle! The zone leaders went to do the interviews and at the very end of three of them, one young woman in the family who wasn't really wanting to get baptized came up and said, "Hey, I think I want to get baptized now!" So we had the great blessing of being able to bless all four of the siblings together. It was really great.
 
We were worried at the baptism because their car broke down on the way to the chapel and we didn't know if they would be able to get there on time. But, we said a prayer and soon, they called us up letting us know they were on their way! Everything went alright in the end!
 
Yesterday, I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about obedience to the commandments and following the Holy Ghost. I was able to use some personal experiences from my mission to help me. I am still trying to figure out a way to help make a difference in the branch here...everyone seems so...discouraged. We are trying to do activities to help get everyone happy and excited, but it doesn't seem to be working.
 
I did a fast this week with two very special purposes. I never really have had a big testimony of the power of fasting, but ever since I have gotten on my mission my testimony has been strengthened in so many ways. I prayed during the whole day that I was fasting and I felt so much closer to my Heavenly Father. Plus, I got answers to my prayers so much faster and I felt like they were more recognizable. Some of my worries were put to rest and I was able to know exactly how Heavenly Father feels about the decisions I will make and the things I want to do with my life. It was a very special experience for me.
 
Anyway, hope all is well with you! You are still in my prayers!
 
Love you!
-Elder Spencer D. Eastwood



No comments:

Post a Comment