Friday, June 28, 2013

june 24th 2013

Well, another week has gone by. The time has slowed down. But there are changes happening, so it will start picking up again. One of the zone leaders got transferred yesterday, so we will have a new missionary in our area with us this week. Hopefully we will all be able to work well together.

The work is going well, but it could be better. It is difficult to adjust to new difficulties after having so much success in my other areas. We are struggling to find new people we teach, because the people we do have are losing interest quickly. We are also facing difficulties in our retention rates...but nothing that the Lord can't handle. I just hope that I can be an effective instrument in the Lord's hands to bring about the work of salvation in this area.

I try my hardest every day to magnify my calling and to strengthen my testimony of the priesthood. I have seen so many examples of worthy and righteous priesthood holders on my mission and throughout my life. I was reading through a lesson manual yesterday and it was talking about how goals for a young man should be to serve an honorable mission, to always honor his priesthood, and to prepare himself to be worthy and deserving of a wonderful young woman that the Lord will prepare for him to marry in the temple. I am trying my best to do exactly that, because I know that the most important thing I can do for myself and for future generations is honor my priesthood and use that priesthood to bless the future family that Heavenly Father will bless me with.

Well, I am sending email a little earlier today, cause this afternoon we are heading to...wait for it...GOIÂNIA!!! We are going to have a mission conference with the entire mission at the Rua 9-A Chapel tomorrow to say goodbye to Pres. and Sis. Prieto. I am looking forward to it...I have missed Goiânia so much - I love that place and the people there! :)

Hope you all have a great week. Be happy and remember you are in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Spencer Eastwood

No comments:

Post a Comment