Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2nd 2013

Hello family!! This week was pretty good. It went by really fast at the end. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony at sacrament meeting and it hit me....I only have two more testimony meetings to participate in as a full-time missionary! I got kind of sad, but I am happy. I am proud to say that I have worked hard during my mission and that I have no regrets. I feel Heavenly Father's love for me and for the people that I am serving!
This week we had one more baptism! We baptized the daughter of a wonderful family we found here about a month and a half ago. Her mom got baptized three weeks ago. We are just working to help her dad get baptized as well!! I am so excited - it has been a privilege to be able to teach and baptize this family that the Lord prepared for me.
Things are going well here. Looking back on the time I have spent as a missionary, I have realized just how much I have changed since I left. I am so grateful that I decided to serve a mission and I am so grateful for wonderful parents, church leaders, and friends who helped prepare me for this opportunity of a lifetime! I don't know what I would have done without them! Because of them, I am here and I have had the chance to meet and love so many amazing people. I will never, ever forget the experiences I have had and the people I have come to know here.
This week I was thinking a little about our personal dreams and goals. We started asking some recent converts to draw a picture of their dreams in life and to sincerely work toward reaching that goal, toward making that dream a reality. I have learned that Our Father in Heaven loves us so much that He wants us to believe in Him and He wants to make our dreams come true. I love this quote by Jeffrey R. Holland:

"God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe.”
I encourage all of you to draw a picture of your personal dream or goal...and then do all you can to make it happen! As one of my personal heros, Bono of U2 said: "...you can dream, so Dream OUT LOUD"!



See ya next week!
Smile! :)
Love,
Elder Spencer D. Eastwood

No comments:

Post a Comment