Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 26th 2013

Hello family!!! How is it going back home?? Things are going very good here. It was SUPER HOT this week. I almost couldn't sleep well at night. It is a good thing I was used to sleeping with a fan on back home, because here I have to do the same thing!
We had another baptism this week! It was such a blessing. Every time we are preparing a baptism, it seems that the gates of hell open and try to do everything to bring the investigator down. But, I have such a strong testimony of the priesthood now. Truly, we are the church of Jesus Christ and we have the true power of the priesthood! How blessed we are! We owe so much to the Prophet Joseph Smith for being willing to sacrifice himself for our eternal salvation.
My birthday was great! The other elders and I ordered pizza for lunch and we ate lots of cake (the best part). I ate so much cake and chocolate this week that I got sick! It was awesome! ;)
I would like to close with an experience I had this week...We were walking down the street at about 5:00 in the afternoon. I looked down and I saw 10 reais on the ground! I bent down and picked it up and put it in my pocket. Later, I felt like we should stop by a pharmacy to talk to a member that worked there...there was a young mother with three small children who was crying because her youngest baby was really sick and she didn't have enough money to pay for the medicine. I remembered the 10 reais I had found....I went to the pharmacist and talked with him. He agreed to give this young mother all the medicine she needed for exactly 10 reais. It was a real miracle! I am sure she is very grateful that a random stranger like me was there to answer her prayers. But how grateful I am that the Lord used me as an instrument in HIS hands to bless someone else. How grateful I am that He answered my prayers that morning to lead me to someone who was in need!
Love, 
Elder Spencer D. Eastwood

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I stumbled upon your blog doing a search for the Goinia Mission. My son is out there too, he's in Uberaba. It looks like (from the Archive) Elder Eastwood may be close to the end of his? So they may not meet. I'm also doing a blog for Elder Inman: http://elderinman.wordpress.com/
    I will keep watching your blog!!

    ReplyDelete