Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 5th 2013

I can't believe it is already august! The time is flying by! This month, I will turn 21 (on the 21st, how cool is that??), baptize a golden family that we found, and help the mission baptize a lot more! I love my mission so much and am so grateful for the love that I feel for all the people here in Brazil.
This week I had the honor of baptizing four wonderful people into the Church. The baptism was so special and so spiritual. I had the most wonderful feeling of Love coming from the Lord. It was so great. Then, at church yesterday, our recent convert got up and bore her testimony about the true Church. She thanked the Lord for sending "two angels" to her doorstep to teach her the true gospel of peace. She got an answer to her prayers when she had a dream where Jesus Christ appeared to her, sat down next to her, and asked her what she wanted from Him. She answered, "I want peace". He then got up and asked my companion and I to sit down next to her. He told her, these two young men will bring you peace.

I am so grateful that I could be an answer to this lady's prayers! What a blessing it was to know that the Lord used ME, a humble young man who doesn't know much about life, to bless the lives of those who are less fortunate.
I love this Gospel and I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ lives and He loves us so much.
-Elder Spencer D. Eastwood
D&C 87:8
"Remember Who You Are!"



No comments:

Post a Comment