Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19th 2013

Hey family!! This week was very busy...we had a lot of transfers here and a lot of new changes. I got a new companion from a city called Recife which is in the north east of Brazil. Things are going well. We are working really hard to bring lots of new people to church. The city of Rio Verde has become a "training ground" for new mission leaders, so I am working really hard to pass all the information that I know to the missionaries here. The things we learn here will help us during our entire lives and throughout our church service!
Yesterday we had a great day at church, a very spiritual meeting. It was very nice to see so many members participating and singing the hymns at church. It brings such a nice spirit to the meeting! This morning we had a district meeting about "acting and not being acted upon". I love to read 2 Nephi 2...the gift of free agency was one of the most precious things that the Lord gave to us and we should always use it wisely! Then, the other missionaries made a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to me! It was great!
I hope things are going well back home. Time is flying by! I can't believe it is already the middle of August. I am grateful for the time that I have spent here and the people I have met. I love the people here! I love doing missionary work! I love this Gospel, I love the Priesthood that I hold and I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
Love,
Spencer Eastwood

No comments:

Post a Comment