Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16th 2012 Email!




Hey everyone!!! This week was interesting....had one more baptism!! The sister of the young boy we baptized a few weeks ago. It was really special. I think we are going to baptize their whole family and change their lives for ever! What a blessing it is to be able to bless people's lives here.

I got a new companion this week. His name is Elder Hofmann and he is from Argentina and speaks Spanish! Cool! It is funny, because I feel like I can speak Portuguese and understand it so much better with him. This week has been my best week with the language so far! The only time I used English this week was to teach the English class at the church, but that was only for one hour.

I saw a really cool example of magnifying one's priesthood this week. My leg has been hurting, especially when I walk, and so one day last week I had to go to President Prieto's house for the whole day. As we were riding the bus, the bishop in the ward here called me and said he had heard about my leg from one of the members and asked if he could help. I explained that we were going to be gone all day and would miss lots of appointments. I got home to find out that the bishop, just out of the kindness of his heart and out of his priesthood duty, had taken the time to find all the addresses of the people we had and personally visit them! He did that all just because I was not able to. That was such a testimony builder for me.

But I am doing okay now. This next week we will need to work hard to find more people to teach! I am starting to keep a collection of the conference editions of the Liahona and I always read the words of the living prophets to strengthen my testimony. I have a quote from President Monson I would like to share: " May we realize and understand how close our Savior is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, how much He loves us, and how much He does and is willing to do for us."

Love, Elder Spencer Eastwood
Alma 36:3
PS: I found another hymn that has a U2 lyric in it :) Hymn 52

No comments:

Post a Comment