Monday, July 16, 2012

july 16th 2012

Hello my family!!! How are you all this week??

Im doing quite splendidly. A little sore from all the walking Ive done, but, today is Pday, so I can rest and relax!! This week was hotter than normal, but we got a lot of work done.
I will share an experience with you:
The other night, we had spent the whole day knocking on doors, with little to no luck. People werent home, they wouldnt let us in, or we were even yelled and sworn at by 
a Baptist minister. Suffice it to say, I was a little discouraged. My companion still doesnt understand much Portuguese, so he wasnt as discouraged. I will be honest and tell you that
I wanted to head back to the house early. It was about 8:30, so we still had some time to work. We were walking down a dark and dusty street with no name. I offered a prayer in my head
for Heavenly Father's help. As we walked past a house, I felt the strongest impression that we needed to stop and go back. I told my comp this and we turned around and headed back.
I was led to a house that had no lights on, and looked empty. I knocked on the door and my comp told me we were wasting our time. But I stayed there. I knocked again. Nothing. 
I knocked a third time. Still nothing. Then, just as I was about to leave, even more discouraged, the door opened and a young woman holding a little baby answered. She must have
about 24 years. I explained who we are and testified that we are true representatives of Jesus Christ, and without saying anything, she let us into the house. The lesson was one of the
most spiritual that Ive already given! 

It was a testimony building experience, because 1) The lord answered my prayer and 2) I was led by the Spirit. I felt like Nephi in 1 Nephi 4:6 when he said that he was "led by the Spirit, not
knowing beforehand the things [he] should do." That has happened a lot on my mission and Im sure it will happen more.

This weekend we had two baptisms, Stefany and Mariajulia, who are relatives to members and are only 8 years old. They asked me to baptize them! What a privelege that was for me. The experiences Ive had with 
little children here have made it clear to me that I should be a pediatrician when I get home, so that is what I will be studying for! 

Im SO Grateful for my mission. I love it, love it, love it!!! Thanks for all your love, prayers and support. I still need it :)

Love, Elder Spencer Eastwood
Moroni 7:41-42, 45





No comments:

Post a Comment