Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 8th 2013


Hi everybody!

This past week went by very quickly. We are preparing everything in the mission office for the transition between mission presidents that will happen at the end of June. I have a feeling that I am going to get transferred out of this area, but I don't really know what is going to happen. I don't want to leave here! :(

We went to church on Sunday and it was a great fast and testimony meeting. I love hearing other people's testimonies. I think one of the sweetest experiences for me on my mission is when we are teaching lessons or visiting people or something and the Spirit whispers to me to call on a member to bear their testimony, which is something that happened the other day. I am very grateful for the testimony that they gave, it was very powerful and made me think about how I can improve my own testimony. I think hearing another person's testimony is the best way for you to learn how you can strengthen your own. To hear what things are important to another person can help you understand what things you need to work on better or understand what you need to do to strengthen your own testimony. The Holy Ghost is so strong when a member bears their testimony during a lesson, that is why it is so important that we teach lessons together with the members.

Hmmmm...not much has happened this week...we had a family home evening on Monday night, and Tuesday night we went to a birthday party with a member family and it was really fun!

We are preparing for another baptism that we will have on Saturday, and right after that we are going to have a Talent Show in the ward. My companion and I are going to do a funny skit about a missionary getting a Dear John letter! Then Sunday it is MOTHER'S DAY and I get to call you guys on Skype for the LAST TIME while I'm on my mission! Man, that is going to be one trunky phone call, isn't it??? hahaha just kidding ;)

Love you guys so much!
-Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment