Thursday, May 2, 2013

may 1st 2013


Wow! I can't believe it is already May...the time has gone by so fast. I love my mission so much and I am so grateful for the blessings I have received. It is kind of a bitter sweet feeling to know that in six months I will be heading back home. I will miss my mission, but there are some things I am really looking forward to when I get back home :)

So an update about my week...it was a great one! We had a lot of people at church on Sunday. The ward here is getting so much better. It is such a good feeling to be able to serve people that I love so much. On Monday night we had an awesome family home evening with a wonderful family here in the ward. I wish you all could meet them :)

I am so grateful that I am here in Goiânia. This city and country will always have a special place in my heart. I remember one time, a member here asked me if I liked speaking Portuguese...and I was thinking about it and I really do! I don't know if I speak well or if I have a huge American accent, but I love speaking Portuguese!

Last week we went coconut hunting. This guy climbed up a tree and knocked down a bunch of coconuts for us. Then we had to cut away the green skin with big knives and break open the brown shells...it was tiring. Here are some pictures for you guys! (there is another picture of me with a cat on my head from when I fell asleep in the office....I am tired!)

Hahaha, love you guys so much! Hope you have a wonderful week! You are in my prayers :)

Love, Spencer



No comments:

Post a Comment